North Tahoe's Ultimate Guide to Shopping Local
This year, we’re challenging you to purchase all your holiday gifts locally! Why? We’re glad you asked!
Top 5 reasons to shop local:
- It’s good for the local economy. When you make a purchase from a local business, you’re putting those dollars right back into the Tahoe area. You’re supporting local individuals and families, who do a happy dance every time you purchase from them!
- It gets you outside and off screens. While we all love our phones, computers, and online shopping’s addictive pull, strolling through a lit-up downtown scene to shop in small locally-owned stores is a festive adventure. Bundle up, grab a warm cocktail or a glass of wine at a local restaurant and turn your holiday shopping into a winter experience.
- Your purchases provide jobs. When we give local businesses our money, they’re better equipped to hire, providing more jobs to the local workforce.
- You’ll make community connections. Being out in the community, shopping with others, and chatting with store owners and employees can lead to new friendships, business opportunities and so much more.
- Your gifts will be more unique. Tahoe’s shops, adventure companies, experiences, galleries, and more guarantee that you’ll find the perfect gift for everyone on your list, and it’ll be something completely unique and unexpected.
Hopefully, you can get all your holiday shopping done at North Lake Tahoe retailers, stores, adventure companies, and more. We’ve put together a list of Tahoe businesses below to help get you started.
Even easier is the North Lake Tahoe E-Gift Card. Purchase it online and use it at any of the businesses listed below. It’s a perfect gift for the person who has everything. Get yours today here.
These businesses accept the North Lake Tahoe E-Gift Card:
Adventures and Activities
Resorts and Lodging
Bear Belly Brewing Co.
Fat Cat Bar & Grill
Los Arcos Mexican Grill
Moe’s Original BBQ
Pioneer Cocktail Club
River Ranch Lodge and Restaurant
Susie Scoops Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
The Grille at The Chateau
Uncorked at Palisades Tahoe
West Shore Cafe
Wolfdale’s Cuisine Unique
Health and Wellness
Photography and Art