The health and safety of our local residents and communities is our highest priority.
At this time, we are asking all travelers to postpone immediate travel plans to the North Lake Tahoe region until further notice to keep roads open and lodging space readily available for evacuees and emergency personnel. Access the official statement issued as a joint press release with North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, Incline Village Crystal Bay Visitor Bureau, and the Lake Tahoe Visitor Authority HERE
While there are currently no evacuation orders in place for Placer County, an evacuation order issued for all of nearby South Lake Tahoe and West Shore communities in El Dorado County up to the Placer County border due to the Caldor Fire is in place, as are evacuation orders for parts of Douglas County. Stay informed HERE
We are incredibly grateful for the firefighters and first responders working to keep the region safe, and our hearts and thoughts go out to everyone affected by the losses around the Tahoe region.
Go Tahoe North Wildfire Resources
The situation continues to be fluid, and information can change rapidly. We are in close contact with the incident authorities and will continue to update our Wildfire Resource Page for residents and visitors alike.
Visitors should continue to follow incident directions and refer to official sources for updated information and facts.
Visit the Wildfire Resource Page Here --> https://www.gotahoenorth.com/wildfire-resources/
Understanding California Evacuation Terminology:
- Evacuation Order: Immediate threat to life. This is a lawful order to leave now. The area is lawfully closed to public access.
- Evacuation Warning: Potential threat to life and/or property. Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock, should leave now.
- Shelter in Place: Go indoors. Shut and lock doors and windows. Prepare to self-sustain until further notice and/or contacted by emergency personnel for additional direction.
- Evacuation Order(s) Lifted: The formal announcement of lifting evacuations in an area currently under evacuation.
- Hard Closure: Closed to all traffic except Fire and Law Enforcement.
- Soft Closure: Closed to all traffic except Fire, Law Enforcement and critical Incident resources (i.e. Utility, Caltrans, City/County Roads etc. or those needed to repair or restore infrastructure).
- Resident Only Closure: Soft closure with the additional allowance of residents and local government agencies assisting with response and recovery.
Share our newsletter today: https://conta.cc/2Y6hOkH