- News & Events
- Visitor Info
NOTICE OF ELECTION FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The organization is seeking candidates for its Board of Directors to help guide the work of the organization in its responsibilities under the North Lake Tahoe Tourism Business Improvement District (NLT TBID) and in contracts with the County of Placer that focus on destination management and marketing, housing and transportation, and sustainability initiatives.
There are eight seats open for election as identified:
Qualified members have until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 30, 2023 to submit the Candidate Application Form 2023 to serve on NLTRA’s Board of Directors. Eligible candidates must be an owner or manager of an active, current business (or the designate representative of that business) within the NLT TBID district or a member in good standing with the North Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce, with an office in the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association membership area or North Tahoe as defined in the corporation by-laws.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in our local area by helping to create a sustainable community, improving opportunities for local businesses, and directing tourism initiatives for the benefit of the greater North Lake Tahoe region.
Interested candidates must submit the Candidate Application Form 2023 by January 30, 2023.
Please direct any questions to Anna Atwood: Anna@gotahoenorth.com or 530-581-8722. Please send applications to Anna or deliver in person to the NLTRA:
North Lake Tahoe Resort Association
100 N. Lake Blvd.
Tahoe City, CA 96145
Board Election Statements 2023
The composition of the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association board of directors shall be as follows:
Six (6) Seats Nominated by the following organizations and elected by the NLTRA members
1. Palisades Tahoe – Mike DeGroff
2. Northstar, California – Amy Ohran
3. Homewood Mountain Resort – Harry Hirsch
4. Resort at Squaw Creek – Manfred Steuerwald
5. Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe – Colin Perry
6. The Placer County Board of Supervisors – Sue Rae Irelan, Vice Chair
Ten (10) Seats with the following designations, also elected by the NLTRA members
1. Representing North Shore Lodging/Property Management – Jill Schott, Tahoe Moon Properties
2. Representing West Shore Lodging/Property Management – Stephanie Hoffman, Tahoe Luxury Properties
3. At Large, representing Activity businesses – Jim Phelan, Tahoe City Marina
4. At-Large, representing Food & Beverage businesses – Ray Villaman, Secretary
5. Tahoe City Downtown Association – Melissa Siig, Tahoe Art Haus
6. North Tahoe Business Association – Alyssa Reilly
7. Palisades Village Neighborhood Company – Dan Tester, Treasurer
8. Northstar Business Association – Adam Wilson, Chair
9. At-Large – Samir Tuma, Tahoe City Lodge, Past Chair
10. At-Large – Dave Wilderotter, Tahoe Dave’s
Stephanie Holloway, Placer County Executive Office
Jeff Cowen, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
Board and committee meetings are open to the public. The NLTRA is committed to fiscal transparency and incorporating public input and participation in all decision-making. The Board and committees conduct business consistent with the Speak Your Peace Nine Tools of Civility Project. Meeting notices, agendas and related information are available on this website. There is also a library of NLTRA documents and publications. All information can be downloaded in pdf format.